plaid

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Warm weather

I have been so sick and tired of this winter - quite literally.  You know it's been a bad season when I am counting the days we have been healthy (2 weeks so far!).  Every snow storm I pray that it is the last one!   On my calendar I see spring officially starts this month but I'll believe it when I see it.  Well, we couldn't wait for warm weather here so we went to visit some friends at a lower elevation in Chino Valley (Ross and Randi) a few weeks ago.  We went out to eat lunch at a Mennonite burger/sandwich joint that was quite yummy!  Then Randi took us to go pet baby lambs.  Kale'a was so excited (sheep are her favorite) and she was chasing them all around the yard "Come here sheep!  I want to catch you!"  But when it came down to actually petting the lambs, she was more interested in the chickens.  That's Auntie Aimee's influence I guess.  After the farm, we went on a little hike around Granite Dells outside of Prescott.  All around it was a very pleasant trip.  The weather was warm and the company was fabulous!
We thought if Kale'a fed the sheep they would come to her.  They knew better.




Come here sheep!  i want to catch you!

Climbing rocks :)
Then, that weekend we got another snow storm. The last one of the winter, right?
Helping Daddy shovel



5 comments:

  1. I hear ya about this winter. Moving to Phoenix is really appealing right now. I love Titus's bright happy face! I really have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titus and Kale'a were having a shrieking match in the last photo :) That's Randi holding the goat - I would never!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sort of realized that, which is why I deleted my comment.Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Kale'a is ready for mutton busting!

    ReplyDelete