plaid

Friday, February 15, 2013

Love in the aire

    Yesterday was our 4 year engagement-iversary.  Caleb assures me that he just happened to propose on Valentine's Day because it was a convenient day, not because of the meaning.  It took me a few years to realize that he was serious.  He has several very good reason for not celebrating VD.  First, you should not need a special day to show love to your loved ones.  Second, it is a commercialized consumer racket.  I would like to add my two cents that also society has turned it into a day where "all your dreams will come true" if only you are showered with gifts, poems, etc. and you will live "happily ever after" completely fulfilled.  UNTRUE!  Only Jesus can give real, lasting satisfaction.  People fail.
     But I digress from my intent.  Since I am a product of the culture, Caleb will indulge my sentimentality and celebrate our engagement-iversary.  Before kids, we took a vacation to Tucson.  Now it is usually just a date at a local restaurant on the nearest weekend.  We did that last weekend and it was yummy and a nice break from the kids. However, yesterday, Caleb told me to stay at home in the afternoon.  He said he wasn't coming home but to stay home.  All I could think of was that I needed to be there to accept flowers.  Well, about 1:30 I hear a car come to the house and doors open and shut.  Hmm, that sounds like a lot of people delivering flowers.  I went to the door and what was that?  Four people taking instruments out of the car?  They had come to serenade me!  It was a string quartet that played 3-4 songs right in our living room!  WOW!  Much better than flowers!  I love classical music and stringed instruments the best.  What a treat and what a surprise!  I have such a wonderful husband!  I do feel very loved - even without a serenade! :)


I had cleaned off the table, expecting flowers. Obviously, didn't expect this and there were toys everywhere!  Thankfully, I think I had picked up all the dirty diapers. 

The kids didn't know what to think about it all.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet, romantic gesture! Caleb scored lots of points for that one! I love the picture of the stunned kids on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Cooper and I didn't do anything for Valentine's day by mutual agreement.

    ReplyDelete