plaid

Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Vacation!

This past weekend (a LONG weekend) we flew to Boise, Idaho to visit our good friends, Rob and Carmen.  We've known them separately for about 9 years and they are some of our best friends!  They have a son, Patrick, who is a great 3 year old!  For the past several years we have tried to visit them about once a year. We had a very good trip (despite Caleb getting the flu or food poisoning) and were sad to leave.  It's always good to catch up on each others' lives, discuss issues such as parenting, ministries, theology, etc. and just generally enjoy time in each others' presence!

Anyways, this was Kale'a's first airplane ride!  We arrive at the Phoenix airport just in time to pre-board (yay for babies!).  Kale'a ate on the way up and was asleep on the way down and she was happy in between, smiling at the other passengers!  On the way back, she was asleep on the way up and awake and happy on the way down.  I had originally planned that when she was older, Auntie Katie and I would take her to Disneyland while Daddy and Uncle Cooper go to 6 Flags Magic Mountain.  That may not be the case seeing how much she enjoyed the plane rides!  She is a good traveler - thank you, God!  Perhaps there was some pregnancy influence when I traveled for work...


 I also discovered that Kale'a is becoming more aware of her surroundings and anxious to discover things.  Here she obviously sees me drinking my water bottle all the time but with no concept on what she is supposed to do (bite and suck the straw).  Maybe she just likes to gum the straw because she likes to put ANYTHING in her mouth!



 

Although Boise is a great town, it was cool and drizzly most of the time we were there.  We became creative and the Conants took us to Marsing, ID where there is a hot springs.  The people who own it have rights to the spring but have to pay for the cold water.  Therefore, they use the hot water to, for example, flush the toilets (a very weird feeling, ladies!)  They have directed the springs into an indoor pool so it is like swimming in a bath - which I LOVE!  (I'm not a fan of cold water pools).  As you can see, Kale'a just loved it as well!  We had failed to bring swimsuits but the owner had a stockpile to choose from to borrow.  I loved mine so much (a swimdress) that I found one on ebay and bought it!



Here are some just hanging around the house.
Patrick is one of the most well behaved 3 year olds I've ever known!  He's also fun, loving, energetic and very bright!

Girlfriend tea time!
Good times with good friends!
Upon putting Kale'a in a boppy pillow, I discovered that she is much more closer to sitting up on her own than I had previously thought!  You will notice she was quite patriotic for Memorial Day. :)

When we returned home, Daddy caught Kale'a in action with her "new" skill.

3 comments:

  1. She's so stinkin' cute!!! Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! So glad she traveled well for you guys!! And I just LOVE it when they find their little "piggies"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who loves both gentler rides and roller coasters, I still think we can bring Kale'a to Disneyland and she'd be happy as a clam! When she's old enough, we'll take her on Splash Mountain for a thrill! Auntie Sarah should come too!

    ReplyDelete