Today for about half an hour I believe Kale'a was the highest baby in Arizona (not in the air) at 11,500 feet! Caleb had the superb idea last night to go on the Snowbowl Skyride today. This is a ski lift in the winter up the San Francisco Peaks, particularly Agassiz mountain, I think. I have always wanted to go on it, especially on my birthday because it is free. However, the blessing and the curse of my birthday is that it lands in the middle of monsoon season and therefore, it ALWAYS rains on my birthday (and they close the lift due to lightening)! So we decided to go early and pay the fare, but the forecast was sunny and warm! Thankfully, we packed windbreakers because there was cloud cover at the top and breezy. We had lunch at the top and, as usual, Kale'a was quite a hit with total strangers on the path and passing lifts. Now, I must also pat myself on the back for the accomplishment of riding the Skyride because I am quite scared of heights! I was very thankful for a brave, strong husband to squeeze his hand during my panic moments!
 |
| I'm putting on a brave face as the lift gets farther from the ground! | |
 |
| Behind us is Humphrey's Peak, which is a favorite local hike that climbs to 12,633 ft. I've only done it once but Caleb has loads of times. |
 |
| Looking out toward Kendrick Peak and Hart Prairie. Far out to the left is Williams, to the right is the Grand Canyon. |
 |
| Her latest skill is doing the "O" mouth formation. Very cute! |
 |
| Her latest favorite toy is the frisbee - Daddy is very proud! |
Fun! And you survived the lift- there's hope for me! :)
ReplyDelete