plaid

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another year

Well, it's my birthday.  I will not tell you how old I am but will say that I have been an adult as long as I was minor.  So what have I learned in these adult years?  Here are just a few things....

1)  I respectfully disagree with the apostle Paul for I am the chief of sinners!
2)  God's mercies are new every morning and His love endures forever!  Can't wait to gain my real citizenship!
3)  True love is worth waiting for!  Caleb was my first boyfriend and first kiss!  We remained pure until marriage and it was so worth it!  I am still just glimpsing how marriage is a reflection of Christ and the church.  I am so glad that God surprised me with such a wonderful man!  He is such a blessing to me! Smooches to you, my love!  I love you more and more each day! 
4)  My parents get wiser every year... I'm being facetious of course, they are wonderful and as I go through the same stages they went through (marriage, parenting, etc) I realize what gems they are!  I think the biggest thing they bestowed to us was trust (well, and a love for God).  We had few rules in the house which made us want to live up to their trust.
5)  Better to be poor with many friends than rich with no time for them.  Over the years I have been blessed with many friends all over the world and wouldn't trade them for a million $!
6)  Some things are worth paying more money for.... name-brand Grape Nuts, good underwear, good shampoo, real books (not Kindle), running shoes, and boneless-skinless chicken!
7)  I wish I had taken a year or two off of school to work instead of going to college right after high school.  That way I would have appreciated the education better.
8)  The church is your family.  Be involved, be vulnerable, be servants of God.  This family is with you for eternity and is a priceless investment!
9)  If you don't like something change it.  If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. (~Mary Engelbright)  Great words I live by and challenge others to also. 
10)  I have had many jobs over the years, varying from barista to secretary to teacher to investigator (and many more).  The best job of all - wife and mom!  Thank you, Jesus, for giving me this blessing!

5 comments:

  1. Love the list!! Happy Birthday :) It is awesome to see and hear about you and that you are doing so well! Maybe someday we'll get to meet your wonderful hubby and your beautiful daughter! Happy Day Laura!!

    ReplyDelete