Here are some pictures from the last few weeks. The forecasters say that monsoon rains are stopping and fall is coming! I can definitely tell the change in the air - chilly at night, much drier air and a cool breeze starting up. I have even seen some leaves changing already! I am SOOOO ready for cooler weather. This pregnancy has definitely been the hottest so far. I no longer dress the kids based on my temperature but ask Caleb how he feels. :) Back on Labor Day weekend, the rain dumped again and caused flooding in our house again! This time we were home. We had been laughing at the kids getting so excited about the rain, until we realized we couldn't see our backyard grass anymore and Kale'a starting playing in the puddle INSIDE on the carpet! Oo, naptime! We took pictures and started cleaning up right away.
 |
| It got much deeper - 8 inches up the side of our house (and under the siding and into our house). |
 |
| Overflowing the cross street. The water went down the alley and to our house. |
 |
| Watching the crazy rain as it begins to flood. |
Some more pictures from the last few weeks....
 |
| Our final Fruit of the Spirit tree. |
 |
| Kale'a is practicing "gentleness" fruit by taking care of her baby. Maybe she can help me when the new one comes! |
 |
| Everyone helping Mama dust (and later "wash" dishes) |
 |
| Is he upset that his face got wet? Or that his jacket is lined in pink? |
 |
| Water, sshmater |
 |
| Anakin learns about the force from his cousins. |
 |
| Our new Sunbaby diapers. Big T doesn't even need shorts with these fancy covers! |
So, I wrote a prior blog about doing "school" with Kale'a and feeling overwhelmed, etc. We did the Fruit of the Spirit but that is only 9 days long. It was definitely beneficial to start the day off in the Bible and be able to review during the day. I didn't know what I was going to do next. Then some friends were doing a sale trying to raise money to go on the mission field. I bought some curriculum called Explorers Bible Study for Listeners (ages 2-5). Again, it is zero prep and only takes a few minutes to do but very beneficial to get us focused on God. I am starting with the Old Testament book and next year maybe do the New Testament (30 weeks each). So, this week started creation. I looked up easy crafts and found a few that don't take much prep or energy. Yesterday, Day 1 was Light. I passed up the craft and just decided to take Kale'a into the dark bathroom and turn a flashlight off and on. It was good enough for her! Today was Day 2. See the photo below. Yes, I know the separate waters might not be technically "sky" and "ocean" but it helps K get the concept better. Anyways, tomorrow is Day 3 and the creation of land. I might have K help me weed outside. :) Who needs elaborate crafts?! The day of creation of fish will see us eating goldfish and baked salmon. Sun/moon/stars will be a simple mobile. Animals - maybe visit Aimee's chickens. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment