plaid

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vacation - part 2

House #3 friends live in Castle Rock, CO which is between CO Springs and Denver.  We weren't quite sure what to expect when we stayed with them because they have 3 boys that are notorious for energy, creativity and trouble-making.  The first evening was quite rambunctious with the kids running around, playing on the trampoline, splashing in the pools, throwing balls, etc.  I think my kids were a bit overwhelmed.  The next day actually turned out quite relaxing.  The kids and I got in a good nap.  We had good conversation with our friends - they have some of the funniest parenting stories ever (other than the Irvines).  Seriously, at one point I nearly peed with laughing so hard!  And we got some great alternative discipline ideas from them!

House #4 friends live in Parker which is about 20 minutes closer to Denver. I'm not sure I've met the wife before but we hit it off well.  She makes great coffee and is very artistic.  She sells things on Etsy and her house looks like a magazine.  I got some great decorating ideas just from her!  They have a daughter a year older than K who has health issues.  She and K became best buddies right away!  They had lots of fun together and wanted to copy each other (such as having a single, high ponytail).  We went on a hike near a creek which the kids loved playing in.  We didn't notice the poison ivy until the end of the hike but fortunately Caleb (who gets it like nobody's business) didn't get it.  That evening they had some neighbor friends over for a BBQ who Caleb also knew from Flagstaff (all these people we visited on our trip were originally in Flag).

On our way to Parker, we stopped at Focus on the Family.  They all sorts of fun things for kids.  The toddler room is where we stayed most.  T loved spinning the blocks.

K climbed all over the equipment. Look at the cool lights!

Naptime while on our hike



My chunky monkey



No comments:

Post a Comment