I'll just start off by clarifying the "mostly" since it's foremost in my mind throughout the day. I got poison oak on Saturday and it usually itches like crazy! It's on the inside of both my arms and some on my legs. Caleb has this great stuff Cali-gel but it says you can only put it on 3x day, plus it wears off after an hour or so. So what helps the best? Baking soda! Yes, folks, once again this wonderful natural ingredient passes the test! Make a paste of baking soda and water, slather it on, let it dry, brush off the excess and it's good for hours of itch relief!
 |
| Who wouldn't pass this cuteness through security?? |
Last week was the twin cousins 4th birthday party (4 on the 4th). We missed the purple theme but got in on "princess" instead. As I've said before, Kale'a thinks she's one of the sisters. Fortunately, I think T and B got to blow out the candles split seconds before Kale'a went for it.
 |
| Big boy isn't fully walking yet but handily gets on/off chairs, rocking horse and his bike. |
 |
| The Bible study kids having fun while the adults grill elk steak! |
Lastly, since we had to get a new dresser for a new baby we found one on craigslist - a nice one for a good price in great condition. A few days later we found the exact same one on sale, similar price, down in Sedona. So now Caleb and I have matching (and larger) dressers, got rid of my $5 yard sale one, and C's old one for the baby. I feel more adult now with nice, matching dressers. :)
The trip to Sedona on Saturday was the impetus for stopping at Oak Creek to wade, where I got the poison oak. Kale'a and I were walking back to the car and through all sorts of bushes. Tromping along, Caleb says "I think that's poison oak." Nice. We're in the middle of a thick patch. Thankfully, Kale'a doesn't seem to have gotten it. And some of the other bushes were blackberries - the best time of the year for picking! The kids are now addicted to them. :)
 |
| The kids actually hated the cold creek water. :) |
Gaaaa! I hate poison oak! Hate it, hate it, hate it!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for matching dressers! Cooper and I are going to try to go thrifting today for another book shelf. We have...ahem...too many books...and actual room in this new place for another shelving unit to accommodate them all! Can't wait 'til you guys are able to visit! Maybe when it's cooler out. :-)
ReplyDelete