plaid

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy birthday to me :)

A few months after Caleb and I got married, my birthday was the first to come around.  I didn't think our celebrations were a big deal but they are, at least compared to his family.  It's always a given that our whole family gets together (or Skypes) to celebrate.  This year, we will be on vacation during my birthday and my parents left today for Africa.  So we celebrated this past Saturday.  Oddly, it didn't rain (as it seems to every year with the monsoons) but was a nice temperature.  Of course, it has rained every day since and Titus loves to say "rain" - so cute!    

I got some beautiful "pajamas" and numerous books that I can't wait to read!  My kids gave me 2 books from Carol Higgins Clark which I love because they are mysteries that don't always involve murder.  They are very clean and lighthearted yet suspenseful enough to keep me entertained.  Also, I got "DIY Natural household cleaners" - most of the recipes call for vinegar, baking soda and essential oils.  I was pleasantly surprised today when I poured hydrogen peroxide on my cutting boards to disinfect them and there were no bubbles (a sign of germs, like when you pour it on a wound).  Lastly, I got "Desperate: Hope for the mom who needs to breathe" by Mae and Clarkson.  I have only read the first two pages where she describes dreading getting out of bed to feed her 3 little ones because she doesn't want another day of failure at motherhood.  Hmmm.  Sounds familiar.  I can't decide to read it before or after baby #3 comes - probably both!


Laura is HOW old??!!!

Mom put re-lighting candles on so all the kids participated in the blowing.


Each of Aimee's kids drew me a picture.  Anne made a hilarious comic strip.  The twins put their pictures in envelopes then wrapped their envelopes.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Sorry we missed the celebration. I need to get your gift still! Don't worry, I've slacked on Sara's too. But it WILL happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete