"Greater love has no man than he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
I would like to pay tribute to the 19 firefighters who lost their lives last week trying to save an Arizona town. Although I did not personally know any of them, we know people who did. Today is their memorial service in Prescott and I imagine it will be highly emotional. These Hot Shot crews are common and critical in our state and throughout the Southwest. Every year they are called out to many forest fires all over the area. Years ago, I had a roommate who was a Hot Shot during the summers. She was tough but one of the most compassionate, God-loving people I know.
Please pray for the families and friends of the men who died that they may be comforted by the love of Christ. Pray that God would be glorified in all of this tragedy, that people would call upon His name!

No comments:
Post a Comment