Not only am I trying to figure out how to be a mom of two, but I also have a mom-in-training. Kale'a copies just about everything I do. She takes her baby doll and feeds it with a bottle on a boppy with a nursing cover. Then she burps it, wipes spit and shushes it, telling it to be quiet. She also puts a diaper on it complete with pretending to wipe and will swaddle it. Of course, the baby doll also ends up in the bouncy seat, swing, high chair and car seat. She even disciplines it.
However, she also does things she's not supposed to because she sees me do it. Such as, standing on the couch (I made Caleb discipline me so Kale'a would understand I did wrong) or chair. There is nothing like marriage and kids to show your sin, even the sins you thought you had conquered. As Kale'a increases in her understanding I am enjoying many opportunities to share Christ with her. For example, I tell her why what she did was wrong according to the Bible. She also has started becoming "scared" and we usually sit down and pray for her. She has started singing, her favorites are "Jesus loves me" and "Praise ye the Lord."
Meanwhile, Titus is growing and starting to sleep 5-6 hours at night (yay!). According to my scale, he is somewhere in the 13 pound range already! He follows us with his eyes and smiles sometimes. He loves being on his tummy but unfortunately he gets a bit roughed up by sister when he's on the floor. :)
 |
| Caleb recently installed new windows in our house. Here's his little helper. :) |
 |
| It's very hard to capture a smile on a baby. |
 |
| Fun with some tummy time! |
Wow, I think Titus looks like Cooper in the green shirt picture, especially!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I agree!
ReplyDelete