plaid

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bathrooms: not just Tubs, Toilets, & Tops of counters

Soon after college, I worked for a local coffee shop for several years.  One of the managers, a friend, used to always tell us "If there's time to lean, there's time to clean."  The point being that there is always something to do but you may have to think outside the box.  We learned to clean nooks and cranies, baseboards, ceilings, inside machinery, etc.  This is also how the Large Family Logistics teaches you clean.

Since this week is supposed to focus on my bathrooms (not sure if it will actually happen) I will give you a list of things to do.  Most of this is taken from the Large Family Logistics book but you may need to adjust it depending on your house and situation.  If interested, the book has a section on how to clean your bathroom in under 30 minutes.

BASIC CLEANING:
- clean inside toilets
- clean shower walls and tub
- wipe down countertops
- sweep and mop floor
- clean mirrors

DEEPER CLEANING:
-  Wipe down knick-knacks, candles, pictures on the wall, electric toothbrush stand, etc.
-          - Wipe down baseboards and walls (important in AZ when the dust sticks to the post-shower humid walls)
-          - Wipe dust off of top of doorjambs
-  Wipe down from and top cupboard doors
-  Clean out cupboard under the mirror
-  Clean off top of light fixture (and maybe inside, too?)
-  Wash linens – towels, shower curtain, window curtain, etc.
-  Clean inside AND outside of toilet
-          -  Wipe windowsill & window 
-          -  Clean/organize/purge under sink, drawers, cupboards  
-          -  Clean/organize/purge linen closet
-          

3 comments:

  1. I love this book! It has so many good ideas and is so practical. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little depressed that you posted this... I feel like I'm doing great just to make sure there's toilet paper, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brittany! I meant to add a disclaimer that there are seasons in life that this is not possible. I don't even do all this!

    ReplyDelete