Starbucks Doesn't Know Beans about Marriage
Coffee isn't the only thing brewing at Starbucks. So is controversy--as customers learn about the company's bold blend of liberal politics. This week, the coffeehouse jumped into a fierce battle over marriage in Washington State, home to the Seattle-based company. While the state is still sharply divided over same-sex "marriage," Starbucks has decided to sweeten the pot for homosexual activists and join the attack on local families. According to Starbucks Executive Vice President Kalen Holmes, the bill to legalize counterfeit marriage "is core to who we are and what we value as a company." A preview of the endorsement came last November, when Starbucks signed on to a legal brief that argues traditional marriage is "bad for business." For customers, who were already having a hard time swallowing the company's partnership with Planned Parenthood, this may be the final straw.Despite the coffeehouse's meddling, families in Washington State are doing their best to keep the legislation at bay. Local groups say the bill has enough support to pass, but as we witnessed in Maryland last year, the outcome could hinge on a single vote. Don't let Starbucks do all the talking. Speak up and contact your leaders.
Thank you, I didn't know this.
ReplyDeleteMan, that's depressing.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard...looking at that list of Planned Parenthood supporters, I wonder how much boycotting really helps. Because honestly, most people don't care enough. And I am saying all this with an inward groan because I really love my Starbucks mocha chai lattes, but I also don't want my money going towards evil! I wrote Starbucks already and I will see what they say, but maybe more people should care and do something with all of the corporations whose bone-headed, hard-hearted CEOS who throw their money at all this crud. Sigh.
ReplyDelete