![]() |
| Caleb going off a rope swing. |
plaid
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Not so new year's resolution
I'm not real big on new year's resolutions since you usually don't keep them which makes them pointless. However, I do believe we should have various goals in life - in various stages and degrees. I have a good friend who had a goal of doing a full marathon before she was 40 (she had already done several halfs). I told this to Caleb and he said he supported me if I wanted the same goal. No way! Although I have also done several half-marathons and even a sprint triathlon, I have zero desire to spend half my week training, not to mention trying to figure out what to do with the kids. Anyways, I did think of a much more reasonable and satisfying goal. I have never been to either the bottom of the Grand Canyon or Havasupai. After thinking much about it, I would rather hike to Havasupai. See below for some beautiful pictures of Caleb's previous trips done there. So this means I have 3 1/2 years to birth two more kids (our goal was 3 total) and get in shape before I reach 40!!! Anyone want to join us on the backpacking hike in a few years? The more the merrier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Looks awesome!!! How long is the hike?
ReplyDeleteYes! We're in :)
ReplyDeleteThe hike is about 9 miles - same as Grand Canyon only a bit easier (less steep).
ReplyDeleteCount us in. I will try not to be too whiny. :-D
ReplyDeleteI want to, I want to!!!!!
ReplyDelete