plaid

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The big ONE!

Exactly 2 weeks after celebrating the birth and life of God's firstborn, Jesus, we celebrated the birth and life of our own firstborn!  Kale'a is one year old!  On the big day (Sunday), we had a party with family and friends.  It was mostly to hang out since Kale'a had no idea what was going on.  We had yummy carrot cake which I made from scratch for the first time.  I don't like frosting so I just sprinkled powdered sugar on it to make it look festive.  We also discovered that Kale'a does NOT like whipped cream, which I am actually quite happy about.  Kale'a enjoyed hanging out with the cousins and the Bowen kids!

At one year, Kale'a is now walking quite a bit.  Her farthest non-stop walk so far is about 30 feet.  She has decided she would rather eat less now since she prefers to feed herself but is a picky eater. This obviously isn't hurting the chunker though. :)  At her 12 month check-up, she weighed in at 21 pounds (70%) and 29 inches tall (63%).

Her 12 month photo with the african doll - what a goof!


Eating carrot cake.  Cousin Anne kindly ate the pieces with whipped cream on them.
At least Ransom enjoys Kale'a's new tunnel.

Rory Bowen finally walking!
Testing out her new stool made by Uncle Christian
Doing the catwalk in her new tutu :)

2 comments: