What a crazy weekend we just had! Friday started off with Caleb going overnight camping and mountain bike riding with a friend of his. They were going to Sedona/Village of Oak Creek area. After an initial ride they discovered that the gas stove didn't work (ban on campfires due to forest fire potential) and the friend forgot his extra clothes. So they came back to Flagstaff late at night to pick up another stove, more clothes and camped outside of Flagstaff which was much colder! But they had fun even though Caleb came back with poison oak!
On Saturday morning I host a tea party bridal shower for one of the college girls in our Bible study. That was a lot of fun! However, toward the end of it I started to get sick with a fever. But I wasn't going to let that ruin my day! Next was a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Grace, which I had to leave early to attend
another bridal shower for one of my old roommates, Ruth. Yikes! A full fun filled day!
Of course, Sunday was Mother's Day - my first with the baby on the outside. :) Caleb made me breakfast in bed (though I had to get back into bed after being with Kale'a in order to accomplish this) with very yummy breakfast burritos! We had a lazy morning and went to second service at church. By then, my fever was returning. After church, Kale'a and I both took a long nap while Caleb secretly did the dishes and cleaned the house! When we woke up, I attempted to introduce Kale'a to rice cereal! She turned 4 months and needs the extra calories! Today was her 4 month check up. She is now 12.1 pounds (yay for gaining 2 pounds in one month!) and is in 94% for length (25.75"). Here are some photos of the weekend...
 |
| Grace's shower was duck/duck tape themed. In order to eat the beautiful duck cake it had to be decapitated. |
 |
| Kale'a is wearing a duck dress in honor, but you can't really see it. Grace is about to her due date, though you can't really see it either. |
 |
| 4 month picture with her African doll! |
 |
| Introducing rice cereal |
 |
| This pretty much sums up what she thought about it. |
According to my mother, the only thing I put up with as a baby was Gerber bananas, which, as soon as I could talk, I referred to as "bizz". So Kale'a, I understand the feeling.
ReplyDeleteDo you have mastitis, Laura?
ReplyDeleteAnd four months is very early for rice cereal!
She is SOOOO cute!
ReplyDeleteRenee, I thought I'd answered you but apparently it didn't work. Yes, I have mastitis but it is getting much better with meds. Our pediatrician actually says 4 months is fine if they are ready. Kale'a is underweight due to me not making enough milk and discovering this late-ish. The dr. said starting food now is good for extra calories. :)
ReplyDelete