plaid

Monday, May 2, 2011

2 Years! (Kale'a pics at the end)

Two years ago (May 2, 2009) I married my true love!  Although Caleb and I had known each other for about 6-7 years, God brought us together out of the blue.  Previously, I had not wanted to get married and was very content in my singleness.  Caleb knew this and thought I was "safe."  In the summer of 2008, God convicted me that perhaps I was living selfishly, either in fear or not allowing God to control my life.  So, I started to figure out what the big deal was about marriage and if this was a possibility for me or maybe I truly was called to singleness.  In asking one friend why she wanted to be married, she said she wanted to be a Sam Gamgee to a Frodo.  I thought of how this meant being a support toward life goal, challenging, encouraging, being a partner and a friend.  I realized this is something I could do and like!  At about the same time, Caleb was around and I considered that there were no real good reasons why we couldn't be more than friends.  It took Caleb quite a bit longer to realize that, first, I was now open to marriage and, second, that he was a possibility!  I will spare you the long story (about 9 pages), but eventually we went on our first real date 12/2/08.  We decided to court/date and gave ourselves 6 months to figure out if this was the person we should marry.  Five months later, we were married!  It was a beautiful day as you can see in the following pictures (photographer is Christian Young, brother-in-law, and great friend Randi Walker).  Here are just A FEW of my favorite pictures.  (We have a whole book full of them if you ever want to see more!)





Our first act of ministry as a married couple was to serve our guests.
 

I thought I'd add a photo with some of my blog followers :)
Exactly one year ago, we were staying in the Sedona area for an anniversary getaway.  Early in the morning I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!  Eventually, I woke Caleb up with "Happy anniversary, Daddy!"  I think it took about 9 months to sink in.  :)  Here are some more pictures of our beautiful Kale'a Amariah Lanting, born 1/8/11.



Laughing at Mama's "kisses" game!
 

2 comments:

  1. You guys do have quite a story to tell! So happy for your little family :-) Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that was 2 years ago. WOW, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete