plaid

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bible songs

Probably our main goal in raising Kale'a and any possible future children is that they learn to know and love the Lord.  We have been brainstorming ways to reach our own unreached people group as they grow.  As small children they cannot read yet we want to train them to love the Word and hide it in their hearts.  Neither Caleb nor I are very good at memorizing Scripture.  In an effort to aid both us and the kid(s), we have been seeking Bible verse songs particularly for kids.  My sister has the Steve Green "Hide 'Em in Your Heart" songs which are very good.  One day I was randomly looking on Amazon.com and found the Seeds Family albums.  I hadn't heard anything about them but they looked good.  Then "randomly" I was listening to the radio last night on Family Life Today and they featured the artists/writers for the Seeds songs!  Crazy!  Turns out at least one of the guys was a pastor/leader at Bethlehem Baptist (John Piper's church) and that was all the recommendation we needed!  Bethlehem Baptist also has "Fighter Verses" - a scripture memory pack/resource - which they are also putting to music.  We are just now purchasing a few cd's but you can listen to sample songs on http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/ and http://fighterversesongs.com/

**This summer Desiring God Children will be giving away a free Fighter Verses CD.  If you want to put your name for the drawing... or for more info about these cd's... visit website http://fighterversesongs.com/

3 comments:

  1. Lauren likes the Seeds songs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G.T. and the Halo Express is a MUST HAVE for you then :-) I had them in tapes, but I saw them finally in CD form online the other day. THey have stories on them too, but the songs have very nice tunes. My kids know all the verses on the 6 G.T. Cds (which is about 60) The other one that has neat tunes (If you like oldies music:-) is "Cool Tunes"...I think it is called that anyway, Jodi knows that one best. My fav. baby CD is Twila Paris bedtime prayers...neat words and nice calming tunes..along with Michael Cards Sleep Sound in Jesus Cds...ok now you're just getting me started... ;-) Actually Gabe and I (with the kids) have been recording (on our computer) Bible verses songs we have made up...Someday when we get enough done we'll send you one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari, sure we'd love a cd if you ever make one! Thanks for the other tips, too!

    ReplyDelete