plaid

Friday, September 25, 2015

September

Another month has come and gone since my last post.  Not that we haven't been doing anything!  We started "school" again and I'm finding it hard to get in a groove.  Also, I'm still trying to figure out some health issues.  But let's not talk about that.  Ryker's feet are about a quarter inch shorter than Titus' - what?!  AND we got a new dog!  Actually, Bella is so mellow and sweet - perfect for our timid kids.  She was supposed to be a purely outside dog but she does SO well in her kennel that we have been having her sleep inside. (I hear a collective sigh from the dog lovers regarding Flagstaff winters.)  That is, until we find a really nice dog house.... :)

Making lions - learning about creation

Caleb built a giant shed for our firewood!  Seriously, it's taller than Goliath.
Daddy got a new wagon to carry firewood, kids and other manly stuff


Um, this is a common sight.  Ryker's a beast.

Our first egg from our chickens!



Bella is our new dog.  She is very mellow and gentle (Golden Retriever and Burmese Mtn Dog).  Even timid Titus pets her!


 Caleb was gone for a week in early September to visit his grandma who turned 100!  I decided to undertake the project of finally painting the kitchen.  I am very pleased with the result!  It is SO much cheerier now!  If you can't tell, it's a bright aqua color instead of brick red.

Before

After.  this is the same time of day as the "before" picture!

The dirty dishes are still there.  But at least the new color makes me feel happier while washing them!

3 comments:

  1. How did I not even notice the color change?! Guess I was too busy looking at the curtains. Well, it's a great change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally didn't notice the change when we were there last. Looks great though! It really does make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally didn't notice the change when we were there last. Looks great though! It really does make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete