Um, I guess it's been a while since I've posted, again. Lots has happened in the past month! Busy, busy! Exactly one month ago I turned over another decade - the big 4-0! What an awesome birthday week I had! First, Caleb told me that I should write babysitting instructions...for overnight. I thought "wow, we haven't had a night away in like 2 years!" but turns out it was a night away by MYSELF! I stayed in someones empty apartment over their garage. I had some great times laying in the hammock reading and praying. That night I watched an old black and white Cary Grant movie. :) I had a whole night of no checking on kids, no kids' bad dreams, no diaper changes, no bottles, etc. It was awesome! The next morning I slept in, then proceeded to stay in bed another 2 hours! I did a little garage saling then met my mom and sister for a nice lunch (the whole weekend was a surprise!). After that, we went home and waiting for me was a bunch of my girlfriends and a very fancy tea party! It was so nice having pleasant female conversation that didn't revolve around kids! Then in the afternoon, the mass chaos began. Lots of people, whole families, friends and family, came for a barbeque dinner! I was so encouraged by the love I was surrounded with!
 |
| I found out 2 days before the party that I am gluten intolerant, in addition to my lactose intolerance. My wonderful mom found a GF cake mix and whipped it up last minute! |
 |
| This was only some of the kids that were at the BBQ! |
 |
| More kids, friends and family. :) |
 |
| An awesome BBQ - perfection! |
 |
| The master griller at work! |
So that was all on a Friday/Saturday. The following Tuesday was my real birthday, which nothing happened outside the ordinary. But the day after - we left for a big camping trip to Zion National Park! The last few times we have been camping I have had a baby, which makes it notably less relaxing. This time the "baby" is a toddler. Granted, I did have the pre-make and pack all his meals but it's loads better than trying to nurse in 100 degrees! Unfortunately, we did forget our camera. So for pictures you will have to visit Aimee and Grace's blogs. :)
 |
| Ryker learned about face squishes. |
 |
| He also learned to hang and try to swing on the round swing at the same time |
 |
| In this photo, Kale'a was very grumpy. I told her to make an angry face and this is what I got. :) |
 |
| Our new weather learning station (thanks Pinterest). |
 |
| Ryker's very first pizza! Whole wheat crust, olive oil "sauce" with chicken, zucchini and kale. He only ate the crust. :) |
 |
| Crazy Mama! |
 |
| One day I have the kids lunch and next thing I know, I have an abstract artist in the family! |
 |
| New ponytail holders |
 |
| Having fun in the final days of the summer heat. |
 |
| Trying to make Batman fly, slide, swim. |
No comments:
Post a Comment