plaid

Monday, August 4, 2014

no, we're not dead

Sorry guys!  We have packed, moved and unpacked...with lots more to unpack!  Including the camera cable to download photos.  Life is a bit crazy trying to make this house a home.  Caleb spent many hours getting the old townhouse ready for renters this week.  He's a stud and a crazy hard worker!  Plus, there are a lot more things to do around the new house than we intended when we were house hunting.  But it is worth it and God has greatly blessed us with a lovely house and great neighbors (Andy and Grace)!  Over the past few weeks we have had loads of people help with painting, moving, making food and babysitting too!

But I know what you all really want to know is "how are the kids?"  :)  Well, I am getting ready to start Kale'a on preschool next week.  I'm a bit intimidated and skeptical on whether she's ready but she is so excited about it!  Even if I have to repeat it all next year I think the kids will have fun and feel like they're doing something "big" like the cousins.  Titus is loosing his baby chub and really starting to develop his personality.  He is very "hands-on" and loves to be doing something whether it be throwing rocks or getting hugs.  Then there is fireball Ryker.  Boy does that guy go!  He crawls now - started with army crawling and quickly evolved to regular.  He is getting into whatever he can reach and I haven't even had a chance to put the cupboard locks on yet!  He also has his 2 bottom teeth, can hold his own bottle and still is a happy fellow.  Unfortunately we have not found any safe solid foods yet that his tummy can tolerate (google FPIES to read about his condition) even though he really, really wants to eat regular food. :(

Well, next time I hope to post pictures of before and after the house.  That would also assume that I will finish painting the rooms and unpacking more boxes.  We'll see. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's very rough, poor little guy :( I'm not sure if you've heard about gaps, but thought this might be of interest to you. Praying for you guys!

    http://fpiesfoundation.org/inspiration-stories-sawatzky-family/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a bit about GAPS including the parts of the book by the lady who started it. I might try it for myself if we think we might have another kid. Still up in the air about it for Ryker. It starts with meat broth and a lot of FPIES kids react to meat. I'm going to try kefir this weekend which I have high hopes for since he can handle milk in formula. I'm also hoping the kefir will build up his gut. The next few foods I want to try are yogurt, beef broth, quinoa, kale - all very high in nutrients. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete