plaid

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Newest addition

Last week my brother's family got a new dog.  This week my sister gets a barn cat.  Since I'm not a pet lover, I got a Vitamix blender.  :)  We decided to splurge with our tax refund (but is it really "extra" money when you've been paying it to the government all year long?) and get one of the newer models that has a shorter and wider container.  MANY years ago, I worked in a coffee shop that used Vitamix blenders so I am used to their wonders.  I must say this wider container is much easier to get thick stuff out.  I have only had the blender for a few days and these are some of the things I've made - almond butter, baby food purees, smoothies, potato soup, and oat flour.  Also, I am SO glad that I got this blender while I am still making baby food.  It makes things like peas even very smooth!  The blender box came with a "cookbook" and I anticipate many great dishes!

pureed asparagus

Almond butter.  Tip: don't supplement with olive oil as it will taste a bit weird.

4 comments:

  1. Their recipe for the strawberry yogurt freeze is REALLY tasty, as is their recipe for Thai pumpkin soup (just sub. bell peppers for the hot peppers :) ). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I found from our cookbook just about all the cold things are delicious, but all the 'cook it in the blender' things were quite lacking. Especially the curried carrot soup. That was amazingly terrible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I found from our cookbook just about all the cold things are delicious, but all the 'cook it in the blender' things were quite lacking. Especially the curried carrot soup. That was amazingly terrible. :-)

    ReplyDelete