plaid

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Quick update

We had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends!  This was the first time we allowed Kale'a to roam wild with the cousins in the Kachina house.  Those of you who have visited the basement and random architecture of this house know what I'm talking about when I say I was a bit nervous at first.  Fun was had by all!  We got to see the latest cousin (my brother's third son) who was only born a week ago.  Baby Corin is so small and adorable!  (see my sister's blog for photos) Later that night, Caleb decided to try his hand at Black Friday for his first time ever.  We saw a great deal at Best Buy so he decided to wait in line for the store to open at midnight.  He packed up warm complete with hot chocolate, camp chair, down blanket, book, etc.  Fortunately, the employees came down the line with reservation tickets and Caleb found out that our item was out of stock.  So he actually only had to be in line about half an hour and was home by 11pm.  Oh well but it was a good experience.
Trying to get some shut eye Thanksgiving morning.

On other news we have been a bit more diligent on keeping Titus on a "schedule."  I had an earlier blog about the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child."  When the child reaches about 4-5 months they develop a natural (usually) sleep schedule which includes 3 naps and a bedtime between 6-8pm.  I started to keep Titus up a bit longer during the day and putting him to bed earlier to see what would happen.  It works!  Titus and Kale'a now go to bed at the same time and sleep about 12-13 hours. (Well, Titus wakes a time or two to eat still)  There are still some kinks to work out but overall it is great for everyone!  By the way, when we went to the doctor last week, Titus weighed 19.5 pounds at 5 months old!  Yikes!



My little firstborn was attempting to jump while keeping the animals upright.

"I'm making you a smooooothie!" (see Kid History on YouTube)

Waiting at the doctor's office

Titus was dedicated in our church. 



No comments:

Post a Comment