plaid

Friday, July 13, 2012

Summertime!

I know last year I mentioned our Library's summer reading program.  It's started again and I have both kids signed up.  Yup, even the newborn!  On the back of the tracking sheet they give ideas for how to accomplish "reading."  For newborns, even talking and singing to your baby count!  For Kale'a we just enjoy checking out all sorts of educational and fun books... and we count our evening devotionals too!  Last week Aimee called me up last minute to notify me of a puppet show at the library.  This was Kale'a's first time seeing an official show and she got a kick out of it!  Fortunately it was short because Titus woke up hungry right at the end.
Kale'a is in the forefront with fun hair, sitting next to Aimee. 
The story is the tortoise and the hare.
Our big girl officially turned 18 months this past Sunday.  She is measuring in the 80%ile for weight and height.  She is now about 25 pounds and just shy of 33 inches tall.  She has also become a big helper for Mama.  Kale'a throws away the diapers, helps sort laundry and can even empty the whole silverware container from the dishwasher - all by herself!  Yes, that's right!  A toddler can be trained to do some useful things!
Putting away the silverware - mostly in the correct spots.
18 months with the African doll
We are also enjoying the cooler weather these days.  It is the beginning of the monsoon season.  However, I've heard that it's not official until it's rained 3 days in a row, which it hasn't yet.  But it has been cloudy and last night had a great lightening show!
Enjoying the first big rain
"Helping" with the tomato plants, wearing Daddy's hat of course

And what post would be complete without pictures of Titus too?!  The other day Christian brought over all his kids.  With 4 little girls in the house I was not too surprised with the following picture but have a sneaking feeling it maybe due to Christian.

My real life rag doll  :)
I just wanted to close with one of my favorite songs by Plumb from their album "Blink."  This whole album always makes me cry...or maybe it has something to due with post-partum hormones.  The album was made while she was pregnant with all the songs geared toward her children or motherhood.  Thanks to Grace for introducing it to me!  This song is called "Me."

I haven't had a chance to sleep
And when I wake, I wake with your dreams
I guess, my pillow holds some kind of key
To your peace, your peace

Me, I wouldn't trade your love
For all the candy in this great big world
Me, I feel so crazy blessed and oh, so lucky
To be the place you go when you need to feel safe
When you need a kiss, it's me

I haven't showered and I try to eat
But all your tears, oh, they needed me
I need some time, some time to think
Then I hear you, what you need is me

I wouldn't trade your love
For all the candy in this great big world
Me, I feel so crazy blessed and oh, so lucky
To be the place you go, I'll wash your face
To make room for all the kisses of tomorrow
And everyday that I get to be here with you is sweet

Me, I wouldn't trade your love
For all the candy in this great big world
Me, I feel so crazy blessed and oh, so lucky
To be the place you go when you need to feel safe
When you need a kiss, oh, don't be afraid
'Cause what you'll have is me

1 comment:

  1. That's my favorite song from that album too! Still gets me every time.
    I rather suspect that it resonates with just about every mom on the planet. :-)

    ReplyDelete