plaid

Friday, July 6, 2012

So far

It's been just over 2 weeks with 2 kids.  (Btw, at Titus' 2 week check up he weighed in just over 10lbs and measured just shy of 22".)  The hardest part so far is dealing with the toddler while I am nursing or overtired, usually both.  Here are some lessons I've learned so far:
1-  Park near the shopping cart stall with a cart in it, not necessarily near the entrance of the store.
2-  Teach your toddler to throw away diapers, fetch things and put things away.  Invaluable!
3-  Your toddler is a lethal weapon for your infant.
4-  MY toddler just might love her new baby more than her parents.
5-  Plan double the time to leave the house - the baby is bound to want to nurse as you are heading out the door!
6-  I married a great man!  He often lets me sleep in in the morning and takes care of Kale'a.
7-  I especially appreciate my mom - her experience, concern and care for me while Caleb went to work. 
8-  Love knows no bounds and increases with each child!

Baby toys are wasted on the babies...
His shirt says "I pulled an all-nighter" which is true!

Smelling the flowers on my first real walk since the surgery.  After Kale'a's birth it was 3 months before I could walk around the block!
We make her wear her hat outside.  Here she is ingeniously obeying the letter of the law, wearing Daddy's hat.
4th of July in the park with family


3 comments:

  1. I wonder if I'll ever move past needing to park near a cart return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the size of Titus! Look at how grown up Kale'a is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's almost as big as Sibylla! I haven't gotten the double time thing worked out yet. I always think I can make it out the door without nursing only to be proven wrong!

    ReplyDelete