Last Saturday was our baby shower. Yes, I say "our." For the first ever time that I have seen, we had a co-ed baby shower! Actually, it was a whole family affair. The theme was cowboy and, thus, all the decorations were such. The food was biscuits, cowboy gravy, eggs, etc. (my favorite meal is breakfast!). Our friend, Marti, does the baby showers at our church and this is truly her gift! She goes all out and loves it! She even had games for the kids such as roping practice, bubbles, sidewalk drawing, etc. For advice we had Vic (a local ranch foreman) give some words of wisdom on raising boys and horses. My brother-in-law, Christian, recited some cowboy poetry. Then, my dad gave a wonderful talk on raising boys, especially how different they are from girls. :) My friend Anita gave a mom-minute, too. All in all, we had loads of fun although it was bit toasty that day! It was the first baby shower I think any of the men had ever been too. I heartily recommend it in the future!!! (The following pictures were from a cell phone since we forgot to bring our camera.)
 |
| Gluten and dairy free and incredibly yummy!!! |
 |
| Delicious breakfast soon to be served! |
 |
| I asked for a "diapers and dinners" gift shower. |
 |
| Very popular especially with the boys. |
 |
| If the kids sat still, they could color on the tables. I thoroughly enjoyed the spurs centerpieces! |
I think it was one of the best showers I've been to. So excited for the baby!!
ReplyDeleteWe had a co-ed shower for Peter, but they pretty much just played regular shower games and I'm pretty sure the guys who showed up felt rather out of place. :) Yours was definitely the funnest shower I've been to!
ReplyDelete