plaid

Thursday, April 26, 2012

A lazy day

Today it is raining.  After nearly a week of 75 degrees, I'm okay with this monsoon like weather.  That is just one excuse for a lazy day.  In the middle of the night I had braxton hicks that bordered on real contractions, which caused some pain continuing this morning when I stand up.  And Kale'a has a bad diaper rash, cough, teething.  All that to say, we are taking it easy today.

So here are some of our latest activities.  This weekend was "Earth Day" which meant that all the National Parks are free entrance for the week.  Since Sunday was gorgeous, we went to the Grand Canyon.  Kale'a was even well mannered enough that we could go out to dinner well beyond her bedtime!

It was nice to see something bigger than me. :)

Tuesday we had our backyard tree cut down.  I can hear some say "for shame!"  But the roots were ruining the pavers and we didn't want it to harm the house's foundation.  It was an aspen tree which is very invasive and aggressive.  Also, the ants had eaten out the middle (at least of the stump area) and it was dying anyways.  So, we intend to replace the pavers with fake grass and have the backyard kid friendly (they currently trip on the uneven pavers).  When the guys cut down the tree, it provided several hours of fascinating entertainment for Kale'a!  Now, Kale'a is enjoying playing in the dirt and wood chips!
The many uses of an Easter egg.

Last night I made what Caleb called "possibly the best meal ever made!"  It was Mediterranean Pizza.  I had no idea he even liked that type and I made it because I had been craving it for a while.   Caleb promptly took photos and bragged to his family about it.  Ah shucks!  :)  Fyi, it has pesto sauce, artichoke hearts, olives, spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and chicken.

2 comments:

  1. I had a kid a the preschool about Kale'a's age who would eat wood chips. I had to follow him around the entire time we were outside, fishing the chips out of his mouth occasionally. The pizza does look good, but I'm just not an olive fan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your comment about seeing something bigger than yourself :) I could relate when I was pregnant, too! That pizza looks delicious! Good job!

    ReplyDelete