This was a pretty crazy weekend, what with Bible study, meetings, taxes, church, family time and more! On Saturday was a belated "brother's hike." This originated when Caleb and Christian hiked the Grand Canyon just over 3 years ago to talk about Caleb's possible relationship with me. Since then, they try to hike every year. This year my dad and nephew Peter joined in to hike Red Mountain. Caleb says it's so easy (1.5 miles each way) that I could do it 6 months pregnant...I'm pretty skeptical. Anyway, they had fun and it was a beautiful day (as was the whole weekend!). Yesterday was family Easter festivities at my sister's house after church. I would call it "organized chaos." We had 13 adults and 8 kids, thankfully the kids played outside most of the time. :) The meal was so yummy, complete with "Vaughan gravy" and "Alloway gravy" which I apparently was unaware of growing up. The kids did a low-key egg hunt and got baskets. Kale'a, of course, has no concept of either and doesn't really like candy, therefore I requested that Kale'a would LOVE to have the black jelly beans (my favorite!). Anyway, here are some pictures of the weekend!
 |
| Personally, I don't think a 6 month pregnant lady could do this. |
 |
| The hill that Peter and Caleb raced up. |
 |
| Snow run-off? |
 |
| Kale'a and Judah are 4 months apart. She said his name today for the first time. :) |
 |
| Kale'a wearing the same Easter dress that I wore MANY years ago! |
 |
| She "found" an egg! |
 |
| Fyi, she does NOT like chocolate eggs. |
 |
| Berea showing us that the egg she found matches her dress! |
 |
| She was not afraid of the chickens, even after one pecked at her! |
 |
| Big girl! |
 |
| The girls and the new baby chicks |
CUUUUTE. And Red Mountain is an easy hike. Basically flat. Whether you could do it 6 months pregnant is something I couldn't say, but I'd say it's more of a nature walk than a hike.
ReplyDeleteAll those pictures of the hills is going off trail. They are optional.
ReplyDelete