We had a fun, fairly lazy Thanksgiving weekend. It was on the "small" side this year with only 13 adults and 8 kids. Gathered for the big meal are the Youngs Sr and Jr, Vaughans Jr, Lantings, Fitts and another friend. Over the years we have developed a good routine with certain people making certain foods and it makes the day a lot less stressful. We all had a good time of hanging out, playing games, running after kids, being thankful and enjoying the fire in the fireplace. That is, until Anne split her head open wrestling and had to go to the ER. No stitches but a good story for her. ;)
 |
| Half the kiddos |
Here is Kale'a who would still rather have Cheerios than Thanksgiving dinner. I thought she was doing the Vaughan name proud and devouring the olives. Turns out she was stuffing them in her seat, which is what she does to save it for later eating.
On Friday, Caleb, Kale'a and I went on a hike in the forest near our house. On Saturday we did the Fat Man's Loop trail. It's only 2 miles but I was worn out - what with growing a baby at the same time! It was also much colder and windier than we expected but Kale'a didn't even seem to notice her fingersicles.
I like Kale'a poking her head into the first picture! soo cute!
ReplyDeleteStuffing the olives to eat for later? I don't believe it. Being the sensible baby she is, I'm sure she was trying to get rid of them. Blegh!
ReplyDeleteSo did you say "growing a baby at the same time?" Did I miss something? I will have to look at your old blog posts! Congrats, I think!
ReplyDelete