On the first Friday of December, Caleb took me on a secret date entitled "Secret Mission." To backtrack, someone gave us for our wedding "Simply Romantic Nights" put out by Family Life Today. I had thought it was a dvd and put off looking at it. Well this summer I discovered that it is not a dvd but a box full of creative ideas for dates! After having a child and a few years of marriage under our belts we decided to jump in. Therefore, the basic idea of Secret Mission stemmed from this. Anyways, on Friday I went to my sister's house for part of the afternoon. Caleb sent me a "secret message" by email stating when I should come home and that my mission, should I choose to accept it, would be waiting for me. When I came home, I discovered Caleb had borrowed a Mini-Cooper (very spy-ish!). My agenda was to take a long bath while he took Agent Little K to my parents house to spend the night (and to also check to make sure the bags were packed correctly). We then watched part of Cars 2, also spy themed. Then we left for our reservation. By the way, it was snowing decently by this time. As we drove around town, he kept passing all the restaurants that would need reservations and I was very confused. He eventually went onto the university campus and I was at a loss. Turns out, we had reservations to see the NAU holiday dinner and Choral concert. It was great food and the singers were just wonderful! There were various choirs, ensembles, solos and even a handbell choir. It was fantastic! However, we had to leave early because it turns out we were spending the night in Sedona (actually Village of Oak Creek) and it was still snowing. Some friends of friends own a nice house that they rent out which is at least half the price of a hotel room and SO much better! We were going to go for a hike in the morning but it started snowing again. It was relaxing to eat a leisurely breakfast in front of the fire, read, talk and finish the Cars movie. Eventually we packed up and left but soon discovered that the freeway was closed due to snow. So we went back to Sedona and drove around, visited Chapel of the Holy Cross and enjoyed the beauty of snow on the red rocks! We finally headed up to Flagstaff. The roads were pretty yucky but the Mini-Coop had snow tires which were awesome. We had a wonderful time, our first time both away from Kale'a - who incidentally didn't even miss us!
And then, this past weekend, we traveled to Valley Center (near San Diego), CA to visit Caleb's parents and also attend a friends wedding. Little K did so well both there and back! We had an early Christmas with Caleb's parents and brother and sister-in-law. Kale'a really enjoys her new Little People Nativity! (thanks, Sarah!) The grandparents babysat while we went to the wedding and I think they had a really good time. It is so much more fun now that Kale'a is so interactive! Anyways, here are some pictures of the last few weeks.
| Watching the fan with Grandpa |
Our children STILL enjoy the LP Nativity set at nine, seven and four!
ReplyDeleteYay for computers working again! My niecey is the cutest ever. I'm very envious of your chance to see NAU Holiday Dinner (which I had the joy of performing in 3 times and have CDs of if you ever want to borrow them). I wanted to get Cooper to sneak in to the dress rehearsal with me on Tuesday night but we had a work thing for him instead. Oh well. :-)
ReplyDeletevery nice! We had those same date cards. I did one once, but had the kids with us....wasn't the same:) Now don't know where they are.
ReplyDelete