Yesterday was nephew Elijah's 5th birthday party (today is his actual day)! Where does the time go?! Anyway, we chose Kale'a to be the official announcer at his party by wearing this shirt. Most people weren't terribly surprised, knowing about the miscarriage. Frankly, I'm surprised at myself for keeping the secret for so long. We wanted to wait until we saw the doctor (yesterday) and got the first ultrasound showing a heartbeat - which there was! This means I am 8 weeks along and due around June 24! Kale'a and the new one will be almost exactly a year and a half apart. I think Kale'a can't wait because she cries every time we leave the cousins' houses and even has started fussing leaving the nursery! I am definitely feeling pregnant (a good thing!) meaning slight nausea, quite emotional and taking naps again. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers!
On a tangent note (men, you may stop reading), my doctor offered the possibility of a c-section this time around. I had 4th degree tearing with Kale'a and if I were to tear that much again it would require fairly major surgery. So I am wondering if you or someone you know has faced this decision? If so, what did you choose and why?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you!! :):):)
ReplyDeletei had a friend who had that problem. she went with a c-section and was very grateful for it. her tearing was so bad for her first baby that if it had gone any further, she'd have been incapable of having any more children. she felt that the healing process after the c-section was much, much easier. don't know how bad yours was, but it sounds pretty awful. also not a fun decision. :( i'll be praying that you will have wisdom.
Congratulations, Laura! That's great news!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!!! Congrats!! So excited for this little one! Sounds like a tough decision. You should look into perineal massage during pregnancy. I know that can greatly reduce the risk of tearing. We'll be praying for you! It can't be an easy decision!
ReplyDeleteWhooohoooo!!! June is the BEST month to have a baby, in my opinion!
ReplyDeleteWe're SO excited for you guys :)
Happy for you Laura...and big sister too! Glad to hear you are feeling pg!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited! I'm assuming that if this is on your blog I can tell people? If not, I will refrain.
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am due a month before you! Does the dr think your risk of tearing is the same this time? That's a tough call. May God give you wisdom. Autumn
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! So excited for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI've heard of several people who had serious and extensive tearing from one birth but not with future births. I tore more with the baby I gave birth to on my back than the two I birthed on hands and knees, too, so maybe look into whether different positioning could help? It's a hard decision, hope that either way you and baby have a safe and beautiful birth!
the second is usually a LOT easier and less tearage. I had an emergency c-section so did not have the choice...but i do know that tearing is far easier to recover from than a c-section....at least in my experience. :-)
ReplyDeleteand CONGRATS!! :-)
ReplyDeleteoh, i just realized what i wrote made no sense...I did have a choice un til the third... then no choice on c-section :-) So many risks in c-sections. ok, i won't do anymore comments on this one :)
ReplyDeleteOh, here's the big announcement...so congratulations officially! (I was out of town and haven't caught up on blogs). I had 3rd degree tearing and felt like it took 8 months to heal with Sam, no problems with the other two! Hard decision, though, because to me it would seem easier to heal from a C-section scar than the other...and the other hinders other marital activities longer...TMI!! TMI!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!! Only a month and a half late! So happy for you! I am not sure about tearing and the recovery from that... I have had 2 c-sections and it's not just giving birth and having a newborn it's also major abdominal surgery - I know you know that but sometimes we look at the new baby and forget mom just had major surgery. It is truly at least 2 weeks of nothing but pain meds and taking care of your baby where it's hard to get around (especially from a laying down position) and then 6 weeks of trying to feel normal but still not able to to do normal things. Maybe you had this with your other recovery so it would be ok. As long as your are prepared for the recovery of whichever outcome you will be ok. I will be praying for you!! Either way you will have a sweet baby in your arms so don't fret over the decision too much - God is in control!!!
ReplyDelete