Wow! Kale'a is one month old today! I am already starting (only starting, not completely) to forget the labor and delivery ordeal. She is holding her head well and is very strong in all her limbs, also. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was an early crawler! Yesterday we moved her out of the hanging bassinet (not such a great idea after all) to the pack 'n play bassinet. She loves to look at her teddy bear mobile! That's my girl!
In this post, I also wanted to state that I am a big fan of the book "The happiest baby on the block" by Harvey Karp. It gives methods to help calm the baby and get them to sleep. The methods are really no brainers individually, but put together, they work wonderfully. It works well for Kale'a (except when she's hungry) but I don't want to say it will work for all babies. Here are the methods in a nutshell... Remember, these work best when all 5 are done TOGETHER - weird, but true.
1) Swaddling - Caleb uses a blanket, I just use my arms in the cradle hold to keep her tight
2) Side or Stomach - putting Kale'a on her side works best
3) Shhhh-ing - they say this mimics the sound of the womb
4) Swinging - we use the swing, swaying or rocking
5) Sucking - usually a pacifier
No comments:
Post a Comment