Kale'a Amariah was born 1/8/11 at 12:00pm. She was born 8 pounds, 3 ounces and 21.5 inches long.
Welcome Kale'a Amariah! Kale'a means “joy” in Hawaiian. Amariah means “given/promised by God” in Hebrew. Taken together our daughter's name means “joy given by God” or “joy promised by God”. Both are true. First, God has given us great joy in this precious daughter. She is a precious gift from God and we praise God for her. James 1:17 says every good and perfect gift comes from God. Second, it is our prayer that she will be a joy and blessing to others. How can we keep this joy to ourselves when God has been so good to us. We hope that you will join us in rejoicing and sharing in the joy that God has given us.
In addition to the joy that Kale'a brings, God has given us a much greater reason for joy. At the birth of Jesus the angel announced to the shepherds saying, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” This is the great joy promised and given by God to the “all the people.” Jesus is the Savior! Why do we need a Savior? Everyone who is born, including Kale'a, has a sin problem. We have broken God's law and sin separates us from God. Sin robs us of joy since our greatest joy comes from a relationship with God. Jesus came to fix our relationship with God by dying on the cross and taking the punishment for our sin on himself so that everyone who believes in Jesus would not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16) This is the joy of all people, that we can have eternal life with God. This can be your joy!
Finally would you join us in praying that God would give Kale'a this great joy.
| Getting ready to go home! |
| The newest family of THREE! |
| While walking around before the contractions started we came across this. A bird flew into the window of the walkway over the road. I really don't think it lived. |
Kale'a couldn't have ordered better parents! What a beauty she is, and we're so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteShe is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I could hold her and snuggle her! Come visit me! I hope you are getting some rest when you can!
ReplyDeleteKale'a is gorgeous; congratulations! I wasn't expecting her to have brown hair for some reason. I am so pleased that you chose an unusual name, and of course I love the meaning. It's hard to imagine you as a Mum, Laura, but I'm sure you will do a fantastic job with God by your side. Hope that nice hubby of yours spoils you rotten over the next few days as you recover from such a tiring task. Love and hugs...Renee
ReplyDeleteI am full of Joy for you. Joy is my fave word" Your little girl has already brought much Joy to many. Hugs Roni
ReplyDeleteCongrats Laura! She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWoah!! That bird print is crazy!!
ReplyDeleteAnd that's a cute baby too! :-) She's got such a cute roundy face! Excited to meet her today!
I keep dreaming about that baby!!! Well, more dreaming about waiting out in the hall and crying when she was getting so close and then finally born! I'm so proud of you!!! And that baby's cheeks just say "Kiss me!" all over them. So I intend to do so on a regular basis. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteVery squeezable! Joyful days and nights ahead! I think Ken's cousin Joanne's daughter Shelly has a daughter named Ale'a or Kale'a ...I know it has an odd apostrophe and her hubby is Hawaiian. Pretty unusual!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I really love that you posted that dead bird picture here along with introducing your firstborn. Cracks me up. :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Laura! I really like that picture of her pursing her lips in her pink little hat getting ready to go home. So cute!!! Sure hope we get to see her someday too :-) Very neat bird print!
ReplyDelete