plaid

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lessons learned

Well. Kale'a is three weeks old today!  Although I have watched my sister and friends raise their children, here are some personal lessons that I have learned about parenthood so far.

1)  Soggy and/or cold food is the new normal.
2)  Kale'a has a radar that tells her the exact moment I put food on my plate, and she starts crying.
3)  Unfortunately, one CAN function on only 3 hours of sleep - though with many tears.
4)  Kale'a's smile makes up for all her crying.
5)  Household chores really aren't all that critical.
6)  Germs are overrated.
7)  A good glider chair is worth a million bucks!
8)  We have awesome friends and church family that have taken good care of us!
9)  Babies are born sinners.
10)  I married a wonderful man!  Not only does he help around the house but encourages me daily and is an active father!

After Kale'a's bath, her hair dried before I could comb it  :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Hooray for gliders, husbands, and baby smiles :) And Kale'a's hair is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to find your blog, Laura!

    ReplyDelete