plaid

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime

We have had a full summer and haven't accomplished nearly what we intended.  And now the air has a chill to it, the leaves are starting to change, and the plaid is appearing.  We are on the cusp of fall.  So here I reflect on the fun of warmth and sunshine, friends and family!

And then I realized the last blog post contained some summer fun.  So let's call this "Summer Fun Part 2.)

In late July, we went camping with Laura's parents and Christian/Aimee's family.  We went to a little-frequented campground (Bradfield Campgroud) just to the northwest of Dolores, Colorado.  The campsites were RIGHT on the river which was super fun!  We did quite a bit of inner tubing down part of the river.  It was quite shallow which was great for the littles but not so great for adults in inner tubes. :)  During our camp, we took a day trip to Telluride which was less than 2 hours away.  It was super beautiful on a super beautiful day!  We had lots of fun camping - it was relaxing and no one drowned - a success!


Peter was given more fire responsibilities this trip.

Walking in Telluride to get to the FREE gondola rides!

I'm not a fan of heights so I was thankful this was enclosed!



Who are these crazies?!



A great hill for kids at the end of the gondola ride






I'm not so excited about the steep and high trip back to the beginning.  That's Telluride behind (rather, before) us.



Back at the campground, the kids couldn't get enough of the water!

Except Titus, who wouldn't step a toe in the water.  But he did enjoy making waterfalls.
Here, Titus made waterfalls to wash the army men away.



Kids catching some shoot-them-up-high-glow-in-the-dark helicopters

Campfire breakfast.

The twins were having either a cowboy or safari animal themed birthday.  Kale'a didn't like the face so it came off as soon as I took a picture.

Sisters and sisters in law

The kids wanted to try out our treadmill.  Now I know what to do on snowy days!


Playing at a local elementary school's field

This big girl is learning to ride a bike without training wheels!


stomp rocket time

The real runners in the family



And the big girl is about to lose her first tooth!  You can see her new one coming in behind it.


He's standing on a shovel.  Because that's what you do.

Oh yes, and my birthday.  It actually occurred before the camping.  :)


1 comment: