As I looked over the many pictures that I just downloaded from the past few months, I realized that quite a lot of them were of eating - and of those, mostly Ryker eating. Why is this a big deal? As you may recall, when Ryker was about 4-5 months old he began severely vomitting his first food, oatmeal. After much research, I discovered FPIES (Food Protein Induced Enterolocolitis Syndrome). This meant every food had to be introduced separately over the course of 2 weeks before it was deemed safe or not. Along the journey, we also discovered he has Fructose Malabsorption - where he body only tolerates a certain limit of fructose.
Fast forward to age two and half. We knew that FPIES is typically outgrown by the age of 3. Over the winter, he had overcome his triggers of carrots and green beans. Now it was just rice and oats. So in May-ish timeframe I decided to jump in and try him on these last foods. And he passed! He is officially FPIES free! And in regards to his FM, he can handle SO much more than a year ago!!! Ryker is constantly surprising me on what he can handle! Praise the Lord for healing! So, as you look at these pictures, give thanks to the great Healer! Also, give thanks for all the good foods and tastes that YOU can have that other people cannot!
 |
| Ryker's first ice cream - mint chocolate chip. I think he likes it. :) |
 |
| His first fast food pizza |
 |
| Not his first bacon, but food nonetheless. |
 |
| First sour gummy octopus |
 |
| First smore! |
 |
| Can't get enough of these! |
I love his face! :)
ReplyDelete