plaid

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Stuff happens

As usual, things have happened.  Some documented, some not.  Most of it has to do with the Ryk-ster.  Two weeks ago he had his first appointment with a pediatric gastroenterologist who is knowledgeable about FPIES and such.  It was encouraging as she did confirm that he has it - particularly his severe reaction to oats (which he should outgrow by age 3ish).  She also stated that it sounds like he has Fructose Malabsorption (which is usually lifelong).  This means he can't have any fructose and sucrose, in his case.  Because of the FPIES, trying new food is a slow process but at least now I know which foods NOT to try (certain fruits and veggies) due to the sugar.  But he is starting a decent assortment of acceptable foods.  The most recent "pass" is egg which is HUGE!  He can now have a simple version of pancakes (no syrup or jam of course)!

Ryker's additional success is that he has been standing up on his own from sitting and a week ago took his first steps!  He loves the accolades and does his best "performing" with an audience.  :)

Oh yeah, and a few days ago Titus was playing and ran and jumped into his bed...with his tongue sticking out...and bit a good sized hole in it!  Blood everywhere.  Thankfully I knew that going to the ER was pointless unless it's nearly detached or won't stop bleeding.  Still, poor guy!  The tongue is an amazing muscle that heals quickly but it's still going to take a while until it's normal.

Those are the most major events.  Caleb continues to go wood cutting for this winter.  Our wood stove heats up nicely and it can get downright toasty inside!  It just takes a lot of effort and discipline. :)

Wow. Ok. So I just looked at the last blog post pictures and I guess I am a bit behind.  Haha! Well, enjoy these pictures!
"Mom, I want a FANCY braid!"

mmmm, avocados 

Our little monkey knows no fear!

Another Daddy fort specialty

Pancake teamwork

What do you do with all the pine needles you rake up?


11 months old!

Standing and stepping!  He's so proud of himself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment