plaid

Friday, February 28, 2014

Valentine's Day

This year I decided to celebrate V-Day with the kids a bit.  I told them how Valentine was a man long, long ago who loved people.  And he loved them so much he told them about the greatest love - Jesus who died for their sins, to make their dirty hearts clean.  So on this day we particularly remember Jesus' love and also tell others of our love for them.  Here are a few activities that we did during that week.  Oops, found I didn't photo document one activity.  On V-Day morning I made a treasure hunt for Caleb and the kids.  I put little riddle clues around the house and it ended with the kids' handprint crafts and a book called "The kids' outdoor adventure book."  Everyone had lots of fun!


He pretty much dumped everything all over his plate.  I was thankful that most fell off and only stayed where I had glued.

She only wanted beans on her handprint.  Once T dumped rice on her plate and she carefully removed every single piece. 

Our love-mobile.  If you are reading this, there is a great chance your name is up there!

Just a fraction of what we made.  All the cookies Titus decorated have a bite taken out of them.  He only did solid sprinkles and Kale'a only did shape sprinkles.
 Picnic and short hike in Oak Creek.  Caleb took Vday off work!
Look, Mama!  It's a whale!

The kids were too busy peeling bark to look at the camera


Aw, best friends! (usually)

No comments:

Post a Comment