plaid

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Watch out world!

This afternoon Kale'a crawled!  Sure, it was a combination of the plank pose, jumping and scootching the knees but the hands were definitely going one in front of the other and she headed in a straight line.  Her goal?  The "Belly Button Book" by Sandra Boynton - I mean, who wouldn't want to read that?!  (other than Caleb)  After eating the book... I mean "reading" the book, she promptly showed me that she was ready to start pulling herself up by attempting to climb a chair leg!

 Also with the increase in mobility comes the increase in curiosity.  We have begun to discipline and she is learning what "no" means.  Her first encounter was when I noticed her shredding the plant next to her johnny jump up.  Now, when I put her in it, she automatically eyes the plant.  I can see the thought process "there is something about that plant that I should remember but I can't exactly recall so maybe I'll touch it to find out."  Or she will jump with one hand out (as in the photo) and "accidentally" touch the plant.
eying the forbidden fruit
In other news, we have been having quite the downpours with the monsoon rains - which is much needed!  Kale'a is entranced by the rain hitting the puddles! 
Watching the rain with Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment