plaid

Monday, March 14, 2011

More "firsts"

FIRST WEDDING:
You may or may not know that one of my gifts/skills/hobbies is to be a wedding coordinator at our church.  I have "planned" 2-3 weddings as well as coordinated 5-6 weddings.  Duties ranges from just showing up the day of the rehearsal/ceremony to make sure things go smoothly to all-out planning of every little detail.  I have only done this for friends because it makes it easier to understand the bride/groom's methods.  This job give me a chance to use my love for organization and tendency toward bossiness. :)  This past weekend was JD & Mandy Atkinson's wedding.  They have both been long time friends of ours and it was about time that they figured out they should get together.  :)  I was skeptical that we could actually pull the wedding off smoothly since their heads were in La-La Land and neither is particularly timely (JD grew up in Mexico).  Anyways, the day went surprisingly well and there were no real problems at all!  A lot of people held Kale'a the whole day (except for nursing) so that I was able to focus on my duties and was even able to dance a few songs with Caleb!  This was also her FIRST time in the NURSERY where she did very well!  It turned out to be a very fun day!

FIRST DANCE:
A very cute daddy-daughter dance - they were a hit!




FIRST TRIP TO SEDONA - FIRST HIKE:
The weather here has gradually been getting warmer.  This week it is supposed to get to the high 60's!  Yesterday (Sunday) we had an urge to go to Sedona, which is only about 45 minutes away and about 10 degrees warmer.   Our friends, the Morenos, were in town for the wedding so we went with them.  We went to Doe Mountain which is on the far side of Sedona.  Normally, this would be an easy hike for me but my joints are still loose and I only made it part way.  Caleb took Kale'a and Gabe took Esperanza (1.5 years old) to the top.  It was good to get some exercise and excellent to spend time with our friends!

I think this was a bonnet I wore as a baby.


With the Morenos

At the top of Doe Mountain.  Good thing I wasn't there to freak out with them being close to the edge!



Yoda wanna-be?

3 comments:

  1. Doe Mountain! We did that hike on Monday! We didn't copy-cat on purpose, as I didn't see this until now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiking sounds fun! So rainy here we haven't felt like it too much.

    ReplyDelete