plaid

Monday, December 20, 2010

A new start

I'm trying my hand at this blog thing.  Mostly, so distant family can keep up with our growing family and see what is happening in our lives.  Our baby daughter is due to make her appearance in less that 3 weeks.  But if she's anything like me (impatient) she probably won't wait that long.  I am hoping she waits until at least after Christmas.  I was just reading in Luke 2:6 that Mary's "days were completed for her to give birth" which means that God is in absolute control!

I will give a brief mention to the title of this blog.  Caleb and I are on a life long quest.  A quest for holiness and sanctification.  A quest for serving God the best we can with our abilities.  A quest to raise a family that honors God.  Our life is but a vapor and that is what makes this time on earth so precious.  So there you have it!  I hope you follow us on this quest with us.  Thank you for all your support and encouragement!

9 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower! I win! :) 20 minutes is still distant, right?? Seems like it. :) Can't wait to meet the little cheeta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! So fun :) If you can't write much at least post pictures!! Can't wait to see pictures of your precious little one and hear fun stories of mommy-hood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you update! My blogs are philosophical because I have nothing interesting to say about my life except..."I'm married. We work. And hang out." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Welcome to blogging, Laura! I'm so glad I can read about your daughter's safe arrival without venturing onto the dreaded FB! Hugs from Hong Kong...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee! I'm so glad you found me! Yes, hopefully this will be easier than emailing mass people also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Welcome to blogging! I wam looking forward to following your life more closely, esp. with the new little gal coming on board :o}

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see the little girl(or bog;-) You'll have to come on over and bond with the other cousins too sometime :-) Glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. opps, i meant (or big "girl") not bog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Way to share the Good news!

    ReplyDelete